Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer Modifications
Included in this kit are detailed instructions, including photos, and all the parts to turn your CS-3 in to an incredible tone machine. No longer will your tone be weak, thin and full of hiss. Instead, these modifications add richness and
depth, increased headroom, better bass response and full body to the signal. The result is compression that sounds natural, clean and warm.
· 1n34a Germanium diodes replace the silicone diodes in the signal path producing a warmer tone
· Every capacitor in the signal path is replaced with high quality audio grade capacitors for better tone and less noise
· Capacitor values are corrected to produce a rich full tone, and noise free operation.
If you have basic soldering skills and can follow directions, this is an easy project. Don't pay hundreds of dollars for a boutique compressor when you can upgrade your CS-3 for far less.
NOTE: in 2017 Boss produces the some pedals with surface mount technology. This mod kit will not work on the new Boss pedals with a surface mount PCB. Review the image with this product listing for more information.
This is a kit to modify your pedal and there is no pedal included in this kit.
* YOUR Boss Pedal
* Soldering Iron
* De-soldering braid and/or solder sucker
* Phillips head screwdriver
* Wire Clippers